Want a Language Job?
Recruit for FREE
FREE Uber ride
Your Job Shortlist
Fleet Category Manager
Senior Buyer / Category Manager - Commercial Fleet
Our client is a highly successful bulk management company operating nationwide. They are looking for a Senior Buyer / Category Manager / Fleet Category Manager Senior Fleet Buyer, who will be responsible for category management of the entire commercial truck and plant fleet reporting directly to the Head of Fleet and the Head of Procurement
The role of Fleet Category Manager involves leading the procurement of strategic fleet contracts, working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to determine and deliver the procurement strategy, and to manage suppliers and external stakeholders in the delivery of best value and lowest risk solutions to meet the fleet needs of the entire business.
The Fleet Category Manager is responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders both within the department and the business as a whole to determine the needs of the business and developing strategies for fleet
- Delivery of Procurement strategies for the following spend categories to maximise the commercial position in the market and achieve budgetary targets:
- Truck replacement (to defined specifications)
- Vehicle Funding as part of wider finance requirements of the business
- Mobile Plant procurement and maintenance
- Third Party Maintenance agreements
- Sale/Return of Fixed Assets
- Strategic supply agreements for support contracts including Tyres, OEM/Own Label Parts, Short Term Rental, Vehicle Technology, Vehicle Innovation
- Develop a detailed understanding of the specific key spend areas and subsequently tender, negotiate and award contracts to the typical value of £10m.
- Manage complex internal and external business relationships resulting in an effective provision of service to the business.
- Meet with suppliers and other external stakeholders in order to identify longer term market trends and develop Fleet Procurement strategies.
- Provide support and guidance to leadership team and site management on Fleet and Procurement related issues, ensuring service provision is effective.
To take up this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Significant relevant experience of a major fleet operation - fleet procurement or directly related business experience
- Significant relevant experience of procurement including tendering, negotiation and contract management
- Understanding and application of legal issues such as Contract law, TUPE, Fair Trade etc
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop/maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communication skills / Strong influencing skills at various levels
- Experienced in managing teams - Strong team player and self-starter
- Fully CIPS Qualified (or equivalent experience / vocational training) -Business related degree level qualification
- Able to demonstrate history of relationships with major European and UK vehicle manufacturers (Fleet and Plant)
- Able to demonstrate experience and understanding of vehicle financing mechanisms and instruments
- Strategic Procurement and Fleet background across a wide range of categories within Blue Chip organisations
Athena Resourcing Solutions is an employment agency and employment business. We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from candidates of all races, genders, ages, religions and beliefs, sexual orientations and people with disabilities. Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are very sorry but it is not always possible to respond to each applicant personally. Only those applicants who are short listed for the position can be contacted. If you have not heard from us within two days, please assume that your application for this position has been unsuccessful. By submitting your CV to us and/or applying for any job vacancy advertised by us, you agree to your data being processed by us and to receive job alert emails / job related information or other career development related information.
Apply for this job
Warning: There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job. If these details are requested for any job you see
on lingua-jobs.com, please report the job to our quality team.
Important: lingua-jobs.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site and recommends that all job applications are made via the 'Apply now' button, above.